5 Things To Stop Wasting Your Time On!

There is no denying that we are all time waster, we are constantly moaning that there aren’t enough hours in the day but do we use the hours we have effectively? These are five things we need to stop doing immediately!

Making Plans But Not Following Through

This is one I am definitely guilty of, we are all constantly setting goals and making plans but do we really follow through and complete them? Dreaming and hoping to reach your goals is one thing but why not actually do them? Instead of spending hours imagining what life would be like if you completed these plans, why not actually do them and be able to say ‘I did’ instead of ‘I wish’.

Gossiping

It is something we all do, but why? You always think that gossiping is just something that young girls do throughout school but in reality it carries on throughout the work place or within your friendship circle. But we need to all stop with the gossiping and getting involved in other peoples lives and just focus on our own.

Waiting For The Go Signal

Why do we waste so much time waiting on other people? If we want to do something we should just do it, but instead we tend to waste so much time waiting for somebody to tell use that it is okay or give us the signal that it is okay. It’s as if we need somebody to tell us that our plans are not a good idea or talk us out of actually doing them instead of just going with our instinct and just doing it!

[Photo: Martha Hunt]

Feeling Sorry For Yourself

Along with making plans and not following through, stop feeling sorry for yourself! If you are not happy then change it. If you want a better life, then improve it. You cannot expect somebody else to do it for you. Get up and make those changes, you have the choice to do as you please so instead of sitting with regret or sitting feeling sorry for yourself, get up and do something about it!

Being In Competition With Others

Stop looking at where everybody else is in life, focus on your own. Instead of comparing your chapter to theirs, start focusing on completing your own chapter and moving on to the next. Don’t try and skip important steps in life to get ahead of the game and get yourself in line with others. We are all created to be individual and no person is the same so continue being you instead of trying to be somebody you are not!

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Related:

Previous Post Next Post

11 Comments

• Reply Corinne & Kirsty

I agree with everything you said! Especially waiting for a signal! If you want something, just go get it, don’t rely on others! xx corinne

June 25, 2017 at 7:07 pm
  • Reply sami

Wow omg! I absolutely love this post! It’s so well written and you’re preaching! yes! I so agree with all these points! I’m bookmarking this haha! x

June 25, 2017 at 7:07 pm
  • Reply lois

I love this post. So well written and has some really good points. Being in competition with others is something I have noticed a lot recently. Not so much competition but fixating on what others are doing and what I am not. Something that I need to work on not paying too much attention to. Great read,
    Lois x

June 25, 2017 at 7:13 pm
  • Reply Chelsea Pope

I love this, I definitely believe we should go for it instead of wasting time waiting around for someone to give us the go ahead!x

June 25, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Annie

I really enjoyed this post! They’re all really good points! Life is too short to have regrets so if you want something you’ve just got to go for it! Great post! AnnieChanie

June 25, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Robyn

PREACH!! You make some really valuable points that a lot of us could learn from! I’m going to be taking your advice from this post and stop wasting my time on people who don’t make the effort with me!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

June 25, 2017 at 7:26 pm
  • Reply Eleanor Pritchard

These points are spot on, I have definitely stopped wasting time on a few of these things in the past few years and I’m a much better person because of it (especially feeling sorry for myself) – lovely post 🙂

eleanorclaudie.com

June 25, 2017 at 7:27 pm
  • Reply Gemms

Completely agree with everything here, especially what you said about competition!
    Gemma x | hiddenlittlegem.com

June 25, 2017 at 7:32 pm
  • Reply Courtney

This post is so refreshing! A must read! Thanks for sharing! XX

June 25, 2017 at 7:37 pm
  • Reply Lasith

Great motivational read. So true. Priority on #2 on that list.

June 25, 2017 at 7:43 pm
  • Reply Greete

I have to admit that I have done these thing and it really does waste the time. It doesn’t really give me anything.
    Great post, loved that there was no talk between flowers xx

Greete / blogbygreete.wordpress.com x