How Disney Has Made Me A Better Person!

Most of us that were born in the 90’s, grew up watching a lot of Disney movies (well I did anyway). But, when you ask somebody about what Disney taught them it is usually a lesson about love. Could be that it doesn’t matter how rich or poor you are (Aladdin), it doesn’t matter what you look like (Beauty and The Beast), love is sacrifice (Pocahontas) or love is giving up fear and finding courage (Hercules).Β For me, Disney taught me that even though I am a female I can do anything that I want, and I have no limitations!

gallery_cinderella-gallery2

Just be patient because in the end you will be rewarded for all of your hard work and efforts!

aurora-disney-princess-singing-favim-com-2999739

Don’t be afraid to express yourself, it’s okay to sing and dance when nobody is watching!

disney-princess_228290_3

Don’t be afraid to leave home, it’s okay to leave the house to go and explore!

princess_pocahontas

Choose the path that is right for you even if it is not the easy path, don’t be afraid of a little adventure!

wpid-img_20150401_065156

Don’t think you cannot do something because you are a girl, a little hard work and determination can get you anywhere!

maxresdefault

It’s okay to be afraid, and have somebody else to lean on!

ariel-and-eric

Don’t let the unknown keep you from following your dreams!

maxresdefault-1

Finding love does not mean you should stop chasing your dream, but you will have somebody else to help support them!

Has Disney taught you anything growing up?

Related:

Previous Post Next Post

17 Comments

• Reply Amy

Such a cute post!

Amy x

November 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm
  • Reply Courteney

Disney is the best thing in the world. It taught me that sisters mean more than men (frozen)

Courteney XO

November 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm
  • Reply Ashley

I absolutely love this post. A lot of Disney nowadays definitely emphasises how strong and powerful women are which is a wonderful message to be sending out! I think Disney has really stepped up with the positive messages over the last few years for sure!

XO
    Ashley

November 6, 2016 at 8:18 pm
  • Reply Terri

This was the cutest post ever!!

Terri

November 6, 2016 at 8:35 pm
  • Reply Sophie

I loved this! Turns out Disney is the best agony aunt you can get. Mulan was my inspiration growing up.

November 6, 2016 at 8:44 pm
  • Reply MJ

Omg wow, this post was honestly really great. The pictures and everything! I’m so saving this post! Going to follow you on bloglovin’ ASAP! No forreal great post, great lessons!πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

November 6, 2016 at 8:57 pm
  • Reply abbeylouisarose

Disney is just so inspirational, right?! I feel like these movies have so much to teach us, even as adults! Pocohontas is my all time favourite Disney film because she’s such a strong and beautiful character! I love the music too, Mulan’s “Make a Man Out of You” is such an anthem! Thanks for sharing!

Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

November 7, 2016 at 5:14 pm
  • Reply Alisha Valerie

I ADORE THIS BLOG POST! Disney is just one of the best things ever and some of these quotes from the movies are my favourite. Thanks for sharing lovely πŸ’œπŸ’«βœ¨

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    http://www.AlishaValerie.com || http://www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

November 7, 2016 at 5:15 pm
  • Reply Tiffany

Aww this is a lovely post! I love anything Disney related!

Tiffany X http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

November 7, 2016 at 5:26 pm
  • Reply Sophie

So inspiring, adore Disney as it can teach you so much <3 especially about hard work and patience xx

sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

November 7, 2016 at 5:30 pm
  • Reply 1 Week Mary

Completely agree with these, even watching Disney films back now, it’s clear that so many lessons are being taught, although it may not always be clear watching them from a young age. Thanks for sharing, love a good Disney post xx

November 7, 2016 at 5:48 pm
  • Reply The Sunday Mode

This is so true! Pocahontas is my favourite there, although I watched The Aristocats a lot when I was little but I don’t know what that one taught me…

November 19, 2016 at 11:10 am
  • Reply Eliza | Don't Faff

I love this post so much! I definitely feel I learnt so many great lessons from Disney as a kid that still carry through to being an adult πŸ’• x

December 14, 2016 at 1:33 pm
  • Reply Emma

This is so lovely, and has opened my eyes to so many things I have also learnt from Disney! x

January 4, 2017 at 10:47 am
  • Reply Emily

Loved this post! I’ve learnt so much from Disney, especially about following your dreams xx

January 21, 2017 at 5:15 pm
  • Reply Anna Robinson

You’re so right! So many people complain that Disney gives people (especially young girls) unrealistic expectations. But I never saw that – I just saw an opportunity to dream!

Great post!

February 16, 2017 at 1:30 pm
  • Reply Augustin Ra

I always love Disney movies because of the lessons they give and it became part of my childhood. 😊

February 22, 2017 at 2:07 am