There is nothing worse then waking up and your muscles still being sore from a workout you completed three days before, the best thing to do is have a bit of muscle rehabilitation time. The best way to do this is complete a bit of foam rolling.
I have recently purchased my own foam roller, it is one thing I always saw people doing at the gym and never actually understood why they were rolling around on this funny cylinder thing. So I decided to do a bit of research for it. Turns out that foam rolling is a great way too reduce muscle tension and reduce muscle pain or injury.
Benefits of Foam Rolling
- Foam rolling doesn’t just reduce muscle tension but also helps to increase blood flow which helps provide oxygen to the muscles!
- Your in control of your muscles, by foam rolling you are in control of how much pressure you are applying to your muscles and which area you want to focus on.
- Foam rolling helps to repair sore muscles and decrease muscle recovery time to prevent future soreness.
- The increased blood flow to your muscles will also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Foam rolling helps to lengthen the muscles which will help with flexibility and increase your range of motion.